2018 is bound to be one of the busiest years I have had so far and yet I decided to participate in Roof Beam Reader’s Official 2018 TBR Pile Challenge. I must be out of my mind, but wish me luck nevertheless!
The goal of this challenge is to read 12 books from your TBR pile which you already own for at least a year now. I’ve been thinking that my shelves are filled with books I purchased or was given ages ago and which are still left unread, so this challenge seems nothing but fitting. However, the vast majority of my books are in my hometown in Greece and I do plan on moving back to the UK very soon, so here’s one problem already. Since there is no way I can carry 12 books with me, at least initially, I might modify this list a little later on. I will be adding links to my reviews as soon as I post them (probably one for each month of 2018).
But without any further ado, here’s my list of books:
- Hogfather – Terry Pratchett
- North and South – Elizabeth Gaskell
- A Winter Book – Tove Jansson
- The Body in the Library – Agatha Christie
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind – Hayao Miyazaki
- The Thirteenth Tale – Diane Setterfield
- Never Let Me Go – Kazuo Ishiguro
- Invisible Cities – Italo Calvino
- Fingersmith – Sarah Waters
- Beloved – Toni Morrison
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
- Confessions – Jaume Cabré
Are you participating in this challenge? What are the books you plan on tackling?