Since I found scheduling posts for my original Neglected Women Writers’ Month in April of this year so fascinating, I thought that I would extend the project and make August the second month in which I focus on overlooked or neglected female authors. Whilst I have rather a long list of women who fit the bill beside me, I can draw up very little information on any of them, aside from sparse biographical details and the odd bibliography. I thought that this would make for rather a dull month of blogging, both for myself and for you, my lovely readers, so I have compiled a little list of the women whom I did not have the space to fit into the original posts during April. If I know of any of their books, I will, of course, write their titles beside the author.
- Marjorie Alan (Masked Murder, a crime novel), Alice Maud Allen (Silhouette), Verily Anderson (Spam Tomorrow), Alice Askew (Nurse), J.O. Arnold (Megan of the Dark Isle and The Merlewood Mystery)
- Joy Baines (Wife to Hugo and Seventh Sin), Kitty Barre (Visitors from London), Pamela Barrington (Cage Without Bars), Elizabeth Berridge, Christabel Bielenberg, Julia Birley, Elizabeth Bonham, Nina Boyce, Beatrice Curtis Brown, J.E. Buckrose
- E.M. Channon, Hester Chapman, Marchette Chute, Molly Clavering, Joan Coggin, H.H. Colville, Dorothy Cowlin, Mary Crosbie
- Lucy Dale, Edith Dart, Eilis Dillon, Valentine Dobre, Katherine Dunning
- Helen Edmiston, Josephine Elder, Margaret Erskine
- Elizabeth Fagan, Kathleen Farrett, Frances
Faviell, Sheila Fitzgerald, Theodora Fitzgibbon, Jean Fleming, Angela Forbes, Celia Fremlin
- Olive Garnett, Eleanor Hughes Gibb, Maude Goldring
- Evelyn Hose
- Margaret Iles
- Cicely Fraser Simon
Have you read books by any of these women? Can you enlighten me with any further information about them?