It has been ages since I last posted a book haul and the truth is I have been trying to refrain from buying more books, since I plan on moving to Scotland soon and my already unread ones almost reach a triple digit.
However, I cannot fathom any birthday of mine being book-less, so I grasped this opportunity on Monday the 13th to indulge myself in acquiring some books I have been wanting to get my hands on for quite some time.
- A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan
- Dragon Sword and Wind Child by Noriko Ogiwara (I am very much into Japanese fantasy/sci-fi lately, so this book was one of my most treasured acquisitions, especially since it was rather hard to track it down)
- Debt of Bones by Terry Goodkind
- Late in the Day: Poems 2010-2014 by Ursula Le Guin
- Fantastic Chronicles Issue 23 (Greek sci-fi and fantasy related pamphlet)
On Monday afternoon, my boyfriend took me to a book fair/exhibition which currently runs in Piraeus, in which many Greek publishing houses participate every year. Of course, I found many books I wanted to buy, but I ended up buying only those two:
- Journey into the Past by Stefan Zweig
- The Leviathan by Joseph Roth
I have already read The Leviathan and loved it, so a review of it might appear soon. And I will certainly be visiting the book fair again 😉
I’m very happy with my new books and I think they made for a wonderful birthday gift to myself 🙂 Have you read any of those books?