- The word ‘bog handler’ is the Danish word for bookseller.
- Whilst at high school, keen actor J.D. Salinger signed a yearbook with the names of all of the roles which he had performed.
- ‘Bibliosmia’ is the enjoyment of the smell of old books.
- Around £2.2 billion is spent in the United Kingdom on books every year; a fifth of this is on children’s books.
- The longest sentence ever printed is in Les Miserables; it is 823 words long.
- Evelyn Waugh’s first wife was also named Evelyn. They went by ‘He-Evelyn’ and ‘She-Evelyn’ respectively.