Somehow, I had never, on my trawling of the Internet for literary tidbits, come across Literary Hub, or LitHub as it is known to the Y2K generation. Since discovering it, I have spent a wonderful few moments clicking on links, and have been rewarded with a plethora of book recommendations, bookish facts, and wonderfully insightful reviews. I thought that I would collect together a few of my favourite pieces on their website for your enjoyment.
- How the New York Review of Books chooses its Reissues: The Story of Stoner (here)
- Celebrating National Poetry Month: Ten Must-Read Poetry Collections (here)
- Confessions of a Reluctant Memoirist (here)
- How the Literary Class System is Impoverishing Literature: On the Systemic Economic Barriers to Becoming a Writer (here)
- Kate Atkinson on ‘Adlestrop’ (here)
- Five Writers on the Poems that Make Them Cry (here)
- Men Explain Lolita to Me (here)